Your browser is out-of-date!
For a richer surfing experience on our website, please update your browser. Update my browser now!
** Please note that information posted here is subject to change due to security requirements. Any such changes will be directly communicated to attendees if they occur. **
Registration & Event Passes
- You will get a confirmation of attendance (which guarantees a seat) on or around August 25. Actual entry passes will be delivered electronically, as a PDF, on or around September 15.
- Passes will be sent by electronic mail or available for download by email sent to the primary email address for each registrations. Please white list emails and domain name howdymodi.org to ensure emails fall in your inbox.
- Security permitting, we will do our best to seat members of Welcome Partner organizations in the same sections.
- Organizations do not have preferred seating - decisions will be made by optimal seating algorithms, and duplicate entries will be automatically deleted. Please make sure you register with only one organization to ensure seats are made available to all who wish to attend.
- Yes, children of all ages are welcome to attend the event. However, please exercise your judgment for convenience with small children, as you will be at the stadium for 4-5 hours. Please review questions about bags and strollers in the “Attending the Event” section.
- Yes. Please make sure to check the box that says that you require accessible seating during registration, and appropriate seating will be provided. NRG Stadium has ramps to enter the stadium and there are elevators to access all floors that have special seating.
- It is required for security purposes to ensure no one besides yourself attempts to use your pass.
- Yes. There are no exceptions to this policy. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if this needs to be corrected.
- Please email a request for cancellation to email@example.com, please include your registration confirmation number in the email.
Transportation & Parking
- Parking costs at NRG Stadium are $15 per car.
- All registered attendees to park in the Blue Lot. See a parking map here.
- Parking will open at 7:00 AM.
- Driving directions can be found here. You can also arrive by Metrorail or by rideshare (Uber, Lyft) or Taxi to designated areas. See below for information on buses.
- Yes. Texas India Forum has hired several hundred buses to transport attendees. Pickup/Drop off locations and schedules will be announced by the end of August. Registered attendees should look out for emails for more information and to sign-up for free buses.
- Metrorail’s Red Line has a stop at NRG Stadium. There is public parking at Fannin South Transit Center, which is one stop away. Parking costs $3, and each individual riding the train will need to pay a $1.25 fare each way. It is a ten minutes walk from the NRG Park station to the stadium. Trains will run every 12 minutes. Please check Metro’s website for more information.
Attending the Event
- You need to bring your government-issued ID and a printed copy of your pass. No entry to NRG Stadium will be allowed without a pass for each family member. Those under the age of 18 will not need ID.
- Doors open at 7:30 AM. We recommend showing up early as it will take time to get through security. The doors will close at 10:00 AM and entry into the stadium will not be permitted there on.
- We will be adhering to NRG Stadium’s clear bag policy. You can find it here. Those who bring bags will have to go through a separate security line. Suggest bags be avoided, unless needed for a small child or for medical reasons.
- Strollers will be allowed but will require additional security screening, which can take time.
- The official program will start from 10 am, and ends at 1 pm. There will be a cultural program, followed by the Prime Minister’s address. All pass holders must enter the stadium before 10 am for security reasons.
- There will be performances and activities in the outdoor plaza outside the stadium and other activities in the stadium concourse area until the official start of the program at 10 am.
- Please use discretion and dress appropriately for a public event, and feel free to wear culturally relevant attire. No derogatory or offensive messages will be allowed on clothing. Please do not bring any valuables.
- This is a high-security event. Expect any and all possible security requirements. More information will be made available closer to the event.
- Yes. Please make sure it is labeled (original bottle preferred), and that if you bring it in a clear bag, it follows the clear bag policy referenced in question 3 above.
- Yes. Simultaneous English translation will be available at the event to listen through your smartphone through your data connection or free and available Wi-Fi. Please bring your own headphones/earbuds to listen.
- No outside food or water bottles will be allowed, except for infant/baby food or medically required goods. A variety of concessions will be open prior to the Prime Minister’s address, and we are looking into options for post-event meals as well.
Out of Town Attendees
- Texas India Forum is unable to arrange transportation for those arriving by plane. You will need to arrange transportation to/from your place of stay. Please review the transportation and parking section for details on how to reach NRG Stadium. Pickup points for bus transportation arranged by Texas India Forum will be in suburbs.
- Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) and Hobby Airport (HOU) have numerous flights from many cities across the USA.
- Yes, please download the hotel list. Please note, hotels listed in this document have merely provided negotiated rates to Texas India Forum for this event. Texas India Forum makes no recommendation for any hotel.